NCSEF has rolling Registration Deadlines
All forms must be postmarked by the date listed below.
Region 1 March 8
Region 2 February 22
Region 3A March 1
Region 3B February 17
Region 4 March 1
Region 5 March 1
Region 6A March 1
Region 6B February 22
Region 7 January 23
Region 8 February 20
Students must participate in and qualify at a regional fair in order to participate in the North Carolina Science and Engineering Fair.
The deadline for submission of all required registration and project paperwork to the proper NCSEF representative is on a rolling basis. This is a postmark deadline. Example: Regional Fair is Feb. 8th. NCSEF deadline for that region is Feb. 22nd.
Students must be aware of and adhere to these deadlines in order to participate.
Registration is a two-step process. It involves registration of the participants with the NCSEF Registration Chairman, Patsy Wilson, and approval of the project design and implementation with the NCSEF Scientific Review Committee, chaired by Julie Hall.
No forms will be accepted after March 8, 2014.
Science Fair in a Box (SFIAB).
- Finalists should log on to the NCSEF SFIAB using the same email address used for regional registration. Finalists will be given a password at the regional fair to be used for login.
- Teams will use one email address and create only one SFIAB account.
- It is important that all contact information is accurate and complete.
- A summary (abstract) of no more than 250 words must be typed in the correct field. This does not take the place of the official abstract.
- Print the signature page once all sections of SFIAB are complete. It requires a signature and date from the student(s), parent(s) and a teacher.
- AFTER COMPLETING REGISTRATION AT ncsef.sfiab.comstudents can submit the registration form, fees, and all ISEF/NCSEF required forms for the NCSEF Scientific Review Committee (SRC) in either of three ways:
- Mail the signature page, ALL required ISEF and NCSEF forms, a check for $10.00 per person, and any additional payment for t-shirts ($8), lunches ($8) or pins ($3) to:
c/o Patsy Wilson
140 Lyn Rd
Salisbury, NC, 28147
2. Submit pdf scans of all of the individual documents and forms online and pay online using PayPal .
3. Submit pdf scans of all documents as in #2 but mail in Participant Registration Form from ncsef.sfiab.com and fees to the address listed above.
- ALL required project paperwork for each student/team that qualifies as a finalist to NCSEF must be sent in ONE of the following ways:
- Mail copies of paperwork to Patsy Wilson at the address above.
- Scan all forms into pdf documents (not a jpeg) and upload online
Please note:If uploading, please use this naming convention for the files sent: Student Last Name-Region Number (1, 2, 3A, 3B, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7, or 8) and Form #.
- All projects must submit ISEF Forms 1, 1A, with a research plan, 1B, the Official Abstract Form, and the Participant Permission Form from ncsef.sfiab.com.
- A completed Form 1 will indicate any additional forms that may be required, such as Human Subjects, Risk Assessment, Vertebrate Animals, etc. These must be part of the project paperwork submitted to the NCSEF SRC. A list of forms and requirements can be found at: http://ncsciencefair.org/index.php/students-a-parents/forms.
- Carefully check all forms for completeness and accuracy paying close attention to signatures and dates. NOTE: Some signatures are needed before experimentation begins..
- Abstracts must be submitted on an Official Abstract Form.
- Students need to keep originals of all paperwork and bring it with them to NCSEF whether they mailed forms or uploaded forms.
- SRC communication regarding the completeness of the project will be conducted through the email provided on forms and registration. Most projects do require more documentation before final approval can be given, so students should check email to ensure that any needs are dealt with in a timely manner.
Projects are not officially accepted to NCSEF and registration is not complete until all materials are received. Students will receive two emails indicating their progress through the registration process.
- SFIAB will auto-generate an email indicating the online registration is complete and paperwork has been received.