Friday, March 28, 2014
4:00 – 7:00 pm Project Registration at the Science and Mathematics Building (SMB) and Set-up at Ledford Hall or the Science and Mathematics Building
1. Unload project and then park vehicle in designated parking area.
2. Check-in at registration desk at the Science and Mathematics Building.
3. Verify the location of your project and set up the exhibit.
4. Your project must be approved by the Display and Safety Committee before you leave your project. Leave the approved check-off sheet with your project.
Saturday, March 29, 2014
7:00-9:00 am Project Registration and Set Up (this time is reserved for students who were unable to register on Friday afternoon) at the Science and Mathematics Building following procedure above
7:45-8:15 am Judge Registration at SMB Atrium
8:15-9:00 am Judges Meeting and Orientation – Elementary Judges 3rd Floor of Ledford Hall, Junior and Senior Judges in Kresge Auditorium, Cates Student Center
9:00-10:30 am Elementary Judges Review Projects Without Students, Ledford 2nd floor
9:00-11:00 am Junior and Senior Judges Review Projects Without Students in SMB
9:00 am-2:30 pm Science and Engineering Booths at Cates Student Center (Complete the passport and win a prize!)
9:00-9:30 am Welcome and Science Demonstrations in Jones Auditorium (ELEMENTARY)
9:45-10:15 am Welcome and Science Demonstrations in Jones Auditorium (JUNIORS & SENIORS)
10:30 – 12:00 Elementary Students at Projects in Ledford Hall for Judges’ Interviews. Students should bring reading or quiet activity to occupy their time. ONLY Students, Fair Personnel, & Judges will be allowed in the rooms and halls during judging. Students must stay in the rooms with the room monitors until the end of the judging period. Parents, teachers, and others may wait in the Ledford Auditorium on 1st floor.
10:30 – 12:00 Junior and Senior students free for lunch – prior ticket sales for the Belk Dining Hall: Fried Chicken, BBQ, Hush Puppies, Corn on Cob, Green Beans, Baked Beans, Grill line - Chicken tenders w/ 3 dipping sauces, 6ft submarine sandwiches w/ homemade chips, Pizza, Salad bar, Banana and chocolate pudding cups, Pasta, Create your own mac and cheese. Sandwiches available at Cates Student Center.
12:00-1:00 pm Elementary students free for lunch. See menu above.
12:00-2:00 pm Judges interview Junior and Senior students. Students should bring reading or quiet activity to occupy their time. ONLY Students, Fair Personnel, & Judges will be allowed in the rooms and halls during judging
1:00-2:00 pm Elementary Projects Open to Public – students should divide their time between standing at their project and visiting other projects. Projects can be dismantled at 2:00 pm.
2:00-3:30 pm Junior and Senior Exhibits Open to Public – – students should divide their time between standing at their project and visiting other projects.
2:30–3:15 pm Elementary Awards Ceremony in Jones Auditorium
3:30–4:15 pm Junior Awards Ceremony in Jones Auditorium
3:30-5:00 pm Exhibitors Dismantle Projects – If projects are not dismantled by 5:00 they will be removed by the Fair
4:30–5:30 pm Senior Awards Ceremony in Jones Auditorium
· Finalists Must Attend the Award Ceremony to Receive Their Awards! The only awards that will be shipped are for team projects when an additional trophy is needed.
· Students may begin setting up projects as early as 4:00 pm Friday at the Science and Mathematics Building and Ledford Hall at Meredith College. All projects should be in place and approved by the Display and Safety Committee by 9:00 am Saturday for judging. Please allow time for the project to be inspected and approved.
· Follow signs for locations to unload projects and parking. Please park only in designated areas.
· Closed judging will begin at 9:00 am, students, parents, and teachers MUST leave Ledford Hall and the Science and Mathematics Building.
· This year the Elementary students will have a different schedule for judging, lunch, and public viewing of projects. During the closed judging, parents, teachers, and other can wait in the Ledford Auditorium on the 1st floor.
· Students may tour the Meredith Campus or visit in Raleigh but must be back in time for the Student Interviews as scheduled on Saturday. For convenience, lunch will be available at Belk Dining Hall or Cates Student Center for purchase.
· Students will stay with their projects during judge interviews. Students should bring a quiet activity to do while waiting to be interviewed. ONLY STUDENTS WITH PROJECTS, JUDGES, and FAIR OFFICIALS ARE ALLOWED IN LEDFORD HALL AND THE SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS BUILDING. Parents may meet their children at the rooms at the end of the judge interviews (Elementary – Noon and Juniors and Seniors – 2:00 pm). We encourage the students to visit the projects in the other rooms during the Public Viewing.
Dining at Meredith College
Grab and Go items will be available for purchase at Cates Student Center from 8 am to 4 pm. Tickets for lunch in the Belk Dining Hall at Meredith College on Saturday will be sold for $8.00 each by pre-sale and on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Tickets will also be sold at the Dining Hall. Lunch menu will consist of choice of fried chicken, BBQ, hush puppies, corn on the cob, green beans, baked beans, grill line with chicken tenders w/ 3 dipping sauces, 6ft submarine sandwiches w/ homemade chips, pizza, salad bar, banana and chocolate pudding cups, pasta, and create your own mac and cheese. The Dining Hall will be open from 10:30 to 1:30 pm.
2014 NC Science and Engineering Fair T-Shirts and Pins
2014 NC Science & Engineering Fair t-shirts will be available for pre-sale for $8.00 each and $10 at the Fair. Participants that pre-ordered and paid for t-shirts will have vouchers in their registration packets to use to pick up their shirts. The NCSEF lapel pins are $3.00 each.