The NCSEF is organized by the NC Science Fair Foundation (NCSFF), a non-profit 50lc3 corporation.
NCSEF is funded in full through the financial donations of individuals, businesses, higher education institutions, and other interested organizations. If you are interested in increasing the quality and quantity of student research in all STEM areas, please consider donating to the NCSFF.
Because the NCSFF/NCSEF is fully staffed by all volunteers, 100% of your donations go directly to supporting students' efforts in science and engineering research and to provide teacher training in facilitating student research. Donors can choose to designate their contributions to fund specific areas of the NCSEF such as student awards or teacher workshops.
You can also support the NCSFF/NCSEF by sending volunteers and judges.
What is the NC Science Fair Foundation (NCSFF)?
- Organizing body of the NC Science and Engineering Fair (NCSEF)
- 501c3 Non-Profit Organization
- Staffed only by volunteers and in-kind services
- The state affiliate of the INTEL International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF)
- Sponsor of student competitions and awards
- Provider of teacher professional development
Corporate Donation Levels:
- Platinum $10,000 +
- Gold $5,000 - $9,999
- Silver $2,500 - $4,999
- Bronze $1,000 - $2,499
Corporate Involvement and Volunteer Needs:
- Provide employee judges at local, regional, and state level
- Provide in-kind support for Media and Community Relations
- Provide support for website development and hosting
- Provide student ceremony and awards sponsorship
- Provide support for teacher professional development
Individual Donation Levels:
- Champion $ 1,000 +
- Patron $ 500 - $ 999
- Sponsor $ 250 - $ 499
- Friend $ 100 - $ 249
- Supporter $ 25 - $ 99
How NCSFF makes a difference?
- Increases STEM education across the state
- Expands hands-on student STEM research in grades 3-12
- Prepares students for higher education
- Motivates students to pursue careers in STEM
- Supports teachers in facilitating student research
- Provides opportunities for individual and business hands-on involvement
- NCSEF State and Regional Fairs
- ISEF/ISWEEEP Student Competition
- Teacher Professional Development
- Increase Training Programs for Regional/Local Fair Leaders
- Develop Student Recruiting Program for Broader Participation
- Advanced Information and Training Programs for Student Competitors
- Expand Teacher Professional Development and Engagement
- Expand Connections for Student Research Mentoring Programs
- Secure part-time professional staffing and in-kind location